So having spent a few days climbing over the last month and avoiding the return of winter I thought I’d add a conditions report. There is a lot of snow on the tops at the moment, with some of it thigh deep in places. There is now a strong south-easterly wind blowing.
What this potentially means is that if the forecast is right, and Blizzard conditions prevail above 200m tomorrow, that there will be a high than normal chance of avalanches in the area. I have already ready reports that there is fresh avalanche debris around the base of Glyder Fach.
If you are heading up this weekend then I would try and stick to the scoured slopes and ridges, although if the strong winds persist then even the ridges might not be the best place to be. You can find out more on the Safe Snowdonia Twitter feed and the met office snowdonia forecast.