This practical workshop looks at the development of climbing movement from the fundamental skills through to more advanced movement, with an emphasis of developing effective practice and feedback during coaching.
Technique coaching is a branch of skill acquisition, whereby we as coaches can develop and individuals over all skill for climbing through introducing and developing motor skills. By the end of this course, you will not only be able to break down skills into a progression for those you are teaching, but you might even find you own skills will be developed.
• Agility, Balance and Coordination
• Centre of Gravity awareness
• Footwork and Body Position
• Rock Over’s
• Games for Fundamental Movement
• Accuracy and Precision of Feet
• Handholds – Type and orientation
• Easier features – Arêtes, Corners, Grooves and Slabs
• Harder Features – Overhangs, drop knees, and Flagging
• The use of effective practice in developing skill
This course will be of interest to CWA, SPA and MIA award holders and trainees, as well as parent or in-house trained staff who want to understand more about how to teach and coach.
Details: The course runs between 10am and approximately 5pm on the date given. It cost £50 for non-MLTA members and £40 for MLTA members.
To secure a place on the course you need to send a cheque for the full amount to Mark Reeves, 6 Water Street, Llanberis, LL55 4EP. This is subject to the MLTA refunds policy. For further enquiries either phone Mark direct on 07872565225, or contact him via his website http://lifeinthevertical.co.uk/blogs/